Each tablet contains Tenoxicam 20mg
TILCOTIL relieves pain and reduces inflammation (swelling, redness and soreness) that may occur in:
- Different types of arthritis, including rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and ankylosing spondylitis. As with other NSAID medicines, TILCOTIL will not cure your arthritic condition, but it may help to control pain, swelling and stiffness
- Muscle and bone injuries such as sprains, strains and tendonitis such as tennis elbow
- Pain or swelling in or near a joint (bursitis)
- Inflammation surrounding the shoulders (shoulder-hand syndrome) or hips
- Degenerative joint disease (arthrosis)
- Menstrual cramps (period pain)
- Following surgery
- Gout (a disease with painful, swollen joints)
Dose and administration:
The usual dose is one 20 mg TILCOTIL tablet once a day.
However, for some conditions the dose may be different:
- Period pain: the usual dose is one or two 20 mg TILCOTIL tablets once a day.
- Pain following surgery: the usual dose is two 20 mg TILCOTIL tablets once a day for up to five days.
- Attacks of gout: the usual dose is two 20 mg TILCOTIL tablets once a day for two days, then one 20 mg TILCOTIL tablet once a day for a further five days.
- If you require long-term treatment, the daily dose may be reduced to half a 20 mg TILCOTIL tablet (10 mg) once a day.